Queue Management Technology
A queue management system gives information needed to reduce queues. Queue management technology typically reports
- The number of people currently in a queue.
- The queuing time of the last person to leave the queue.
- The number of active service points (for example ticket booths or retail checkouts open)
- The average queuing time over the last, say, 15 minutes.
- How many people left the queue before reaching the front.
- How many people jumped the queue.
- The average queue length.
- How often more than five (for instance) people were in the queue.
- Daily figures, for example, 90% of people queued for less than 3 minutes.