Benefits of Video People Counting
7 December 2015
Of all people counting methods, video people counting is the most accurate at 98%.
Many different types of businesses and activities find it useful to count people: bars, shopping centres, museums, libraries, other public buildings, sporting venues, exhibition centres, retail chains, banks, hotels, buses, trains, restaurants and so on. The people count data lets them make informed decisions about their business.
- Calculate sales conversion rates and know whether steps to improve them are working.
- Plan optimum staffing levels: when are more staff needed and when can you cut back?
- Be alerted when occupancy limits are reached.
- Discover whether advertising campaigns are working.
- Compare the performance of shops across a retail chain: the ones with the best sales may not actually be the best performing, they might just have a much higher store traffic.
- Accurate visitor numbers lets visitor attractions apply for grants with hard data, or shopping centres judge fair rents for premises.
People are counted when they have crossed both lines. People are correctly identified even with bright reflections on the floor like in the above video
Using sophisticated counting algorithms, in tests the Retail Sensing People Counting solution achieves over 98% accuracy in all sorts of conditions. Our software correctly detects people indoors and outdoors. You can configure each counting area according to the situation: optimising for crowds, compensating for reflections, monitoring queues, ignoring children or setting people to be counted only when they turn left or go straight on for example.