Do your shop window displays attract customers? Are you sure? Video recognition technology tells you exactly how many people looked at the shop window, for how long and what percentage of them actually entered the shop. You can see the path people take round the store and when browsers turn into customers.
Cameras inside and outside the shop, together with retail sensing units, provide essential business intelligence.
Video systems give over 98% accurate measurements of customer engagement and response, so retailers can improve displays and test exactly what converts browsers into buyers. Importantly, managers are also very quickly informed when shop window displays are failing to attract customers.
What are the Benefits of Retail Sensing Systems?
Video recognition technology does much more than merely counting people. A video sensing system:
- Shows the number of shoppers stopping at the shop window and in-store displays
- Records the length of time people gazed at displays
- Calculates the percentage of people entering the store after examining the shop window
- Tracks the path people take through a store
- Produces heat maps of popular areas
- Gives real-time and historic data
- Integrates with the point-of-sale database to calculate sales conversion
- Shows not only how popular displays were but whether they converted into sales
- Lets you play back videos to examine shoppers’ behaviour
- Enables accurate comparison of the performance of shop windows in different stores
If you would like more details on testing shop window displays and converting browsers into buyers, e-mail [email protected] or call +44 (0)161 839 6437.