Video People Counting
17 August 2017
Of all people counting methods, video people counting is the most accurate at over 98%.
Sophisticated algorithms analyse the video from cameras over the counting zone. They detect people from the background and count them in and out or turning left and right. The embedded video server lets you view live video footage alongside the people counts, so you can accurately verify, and configure, the system over the internet from anywhere in the world. Once set up, counts alone can be sent over the network to save bandwidth. You can also replay counting videos for off-site commissioning
Many different types of businesses and activities find it useful to count people: bars, shopping centres, museums, libraries, other public buildings, sporting venues, exhibition centres, theme parks, retail chains, banks, hotels, buses, trains, restaurants and so on. The video people count data lets them make informed decisions about their business.
- Calculate sales conversion rates and know whether steps to improve them are working.
- Plan optimum staffing levels: when are more staff needed and when can you cut back?
- Be alerted when occupancy limits are reached.
- Discover whether advertising campaigns are working.
- Compare the performance of shops across a retail chain: the ones with the best sales may not actually be the best performing, they might just have a much higher store traffic.
- Accurate visitor numbers lets visitor attractions apply for grants with hard data, or shopping centres judge fair rents for premises.
People are counted when they have crossed both lines. People are correctly identified even with bright reflections on the floor like in the above video
Our software correctly detects people indoors and outdoors with over 98% accuracy. You can configure each counting area according to the situation: optimising for crowds, compensating for reflections, monitoring queues, ignoring children or setting people to be counted only when they turn left or go straight on for example.