Average Shopping Time
Average Shopping Time is the length of time a person stays in a store.
The shopping time reflects the overall level of service in the store. The better the service, the longer people stay and the more likely they are to make a purchase. Measuring and improving average shopping time results in an increase in:
- The number of people buying something
- The number of items they buy
- The amount of money that they spend
This can be accurately measured when an average shopping time system is linked with the point-of-sale system.
- Case study: Cracking the case of the missing grocery sales - changing a weakness into a strength
- Revealed: why a longer 'average shopping time' pushes up retail sales