Footfall counters for shopping centres and malls
- Monitor footfall through doors, off escalators, out of lifts, down walk-ways and across squares.
- Track visitor movements: where are people going?
- Use across many shopping centres.
- Count footfall both going past and into each retail unit.
- See which entrances and areas have the most traffic, and at which times of day.
- Measure dwell time and average shopping time.
- Produce heat maps of the most, and least, visited areas.
- Give companies concrete data about where to place their vending machines, adverts or display booths for the most eyeballs.
- Show current occupancy on PCs and meters.
- Collect data on the gender and ages of visitors
- Accurate, reliable, counts using cameras and intelligent, networked, counting units
A rack of footfall counters in their lockable enclosure
How does the data benefit shopping malls?
The footfall counts often inform the rental rates of different areas. The heat maps show how well initiatives have worked, and where are the best locations to place advertising. See visitor trends and the most popular times of day - are lunchtimes the most popular or evenings? Put these insights to use and improve the customer experience by having more staff available at popular times of day. Track customer flow through the mall and understand the customer's progress - how do they navigate around?
How it Works
- Overhead closed-circuit television camera, or IP camera, tracks people's movements.
- The camera connects to a footfall counter which accurately detects and records how many people pass through the counting zone.
- The footfall counters send back data over Wi-Fi, Internet, IP, Ethernet or RS485.
- Wide entrances and areas are handled by linking several cameras across the ceiling.
- The embedded video server lets you view live video footage alongside the footfall counts, so you can accurately verify, and configure, the system over the internet.
- Once set up, counts alone can be sent over the network to save bandwidth.
- Replay counting videos for off-site commissioning
- Choose the time period over which counts are measured: every hour or every 5 minutes for example.
Find out More
Email us, call +44 (0)161 839 6437 or fill in this form.