Gain Business Analytics with Video People Counting and Monitoring
11 April 2017
The analytics provided by a video people counting system give new insights into business performance. Used well, they can improve sales, staffing costs, visitor experience and compliance with legal restrictions. For example, a computerised video counting system can:
- Let retailers calculate customer sales conversion, and take steps to improve it.
- Let businesses monitor and reduce reduce queues.
- Show how long a person paused at an exhibit or display.
- Measure advertising success: did the campaign get more people in the building and did the sales match the increased traffic?
- Track the path people take around a store or building, showing hotspots of activity.
- Monitor current occupancy of buildings and carparks, helping businesses keep within their legal limits.
- Count passengers getting on and offer buses and trains, and track people round stations.
- Count vehicle traffic.
- Integrate with smart city systems.
With the data provided by video counting systems, businesses can identify sources of improvement and test responses to achieve best practice.