Damien Lefloch, in his thesis “Real-Time People Counting system using Video Camera” stated that the most reliable and accurate sensor was the video camera. He went on to list features that a people counting system should include.
- The video people counting system must fit with the existing Ethernet network of the
- A high accuracy.
- Management of several buildings (need a centralised database updated by each building’s main computer).
- Evolution (in order to add some extra features like evaluate the impact of an advertisement).
- Reachable from any place (by using a web application connected with the centralised database).
- Easy management of configuration.
- Breakdown management (detect the malfunction of sensors by using the TCP/IP protocol).
- Easy access to statistics for every buildings or every doors of each building with different interval of time (daily, monthly or yearly).
- Use, when it’s possible, free technologies to reduce the cost of the system.
We’re happy to say that the Retail Sensing people counting system matches all these criteria