Retail Sensing are excited to launch their innovative Vehicle Traffic Counter.
Using CCTV and intelligent counting units, the traffic counting system achieves over 98% accuracy in all conditions: day and night in rain, sun and snow.
The vehicle traffic detectors can be set to count vehicles going straight on or turning. One camera can cover several exits of a junction. At four-way junctions, for example, the system provides multi-directional counts for vehicles turning north, south, east or west and coming from any direction.
The system counts cars going through the counting zone
Other benefits include
- Traffic data is uploaded securely in real-time to web browsers: users can log into their password-protected on-line accounts from anywhere.
- There is no limit to the number of roads and junctions on which traffic can be counted using the scaleable CCTV system.
- Users can easily verify the vehicle counts simply by watching the video back and seeing the counts increase as the cars pass.
- Counts can cover any period of time: the number of cars passing every 15 minutes or every hour for example.
- Local video analytics minimises bandwidth use
- Easy set-up of vehicle traffic counting system
Learn Current Car Park Occupancy
As well as counting vehicles along roads, the system can monitor and report the current usage of car parks. Occupancy is shown both on meters in the car park itself and remotely in the web browser report. For multi-story car parks, occupancy can be shown for the entire car park and for each floor or area.
Local Video Analytics minimises Bandwidth Use
The intelligent counting units (called Video Turnstile) analyse the CCTV pictures and upload the resultant counts wirelessly. The data is immediately made available over the internet. All the video analytics processing is done locally by the counting units, ensuring that the bandwidth use is minimised.
Easy Set-Up of the Vehicle Traffic Counting System
During set-up installers can log into the system from a web browser, view the CCTV footage and check the counts. They can make adjustments via software choices to optimise the counts at each location and precisely configure the counting zone.
For more information contact
Retail Sensing Ltd
10 Stocks Street
+44 (0)161 839 6437
About Retail Sensing
Retail Sensing manufacture the Video Turnstile people and vehicle traffic counting equipment. All our products are designed and manufactured in the UK. Our counting systems are in use in over 40 countries.